Friday 1 February 2013

Lunch: Still my Downfall

I originally started this blog as a way to motivate myself to eat more interesting lunches, or just more lunches in general. It has spiralled off into being a more general food blog, and I honestly think it has been part of the reason that I have taken far better control over my diet and learnt to cook, meal plan and shop.
But lunch is still my nemesis. Every day, I still sigh and think "what on earth am I going to have for lunch?". There are days, like today, where I have toast because I can't think of anything else, or I don't have any other food.
Once again I'm making an effort to get lunch under the same control as the rest of my life. My approach to dinner has been fairly successful, so I shall employ it again for the middle of the day: cooking ahead, and freezing portions to defrost.
So far my lunch ideas for the freezer include pasta salad, egg mayo rolls, cheese and tomato wraps and potato salad. I'm also thinking about soup in a mug sachets, and tins of soup, and some pita breads to fill with cheese and Marmite - a childhood favourite and fairly simple to make.
Armed with a shopping list, I'm off into town to stock up on lunch foods... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment